Monday, February 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays: Books that Will Make You Swoon

 Top Ten Tuesday topic is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books that Will Make You Swoon.




1. A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb: I loooved this book. It's impossible not to relate to Helen and James's connection, and the writings is just so beautiful.

2. Persuasion by Jane Austen: All Jane Austen books are swoonworthy in their own way, but the dynamic between Anne and Captain Wentworth is my personal favorite. And that letter!

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Oh, Peeta, Peeta, Peeta.

4. If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman: This duo is so sad, but I totally fell in love with Mia's family, best friend Kim, and boyfriend Adam (I suppose that's why it was so sad).

5. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion: Before reading this book I never in a million years would've considered zombies swoonworthy, but here we are. Even the heavy-handed Romeo and Juliet allusions couldn't keep this book from being absolutely adorable.

6. The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade: I was super-skeptical about this book, but Alona and Will were just so cute together.

7. Anything by Rainbow Rowell: Seriously, Fangirl, Attachments, Eleanor and Park, they'll all make you melt inside.

8. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux: I haven't read this book in ages because I loved it so much when I was younger that I'm afraid it can never live up to my memories of it.

9. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding:I first read this when I was fifteen and even though it's about thirtysomethings it will forever remind me of teenage girl conversations about perfect guys.

10: I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells: I feel a bit creepy putting this on the list since it's not really the warm, feel-good series you'd normally associate with the term "swoonworthy," but what the hell. I picked this, the third in the series, because I loved the dynamic between John and Marcy.

7 comments:

  1. Although I didn't have The Hunger Games, If I Stay/Where She Went or anything by Rainbow Rowell on my list, I can deffo agree they are swoon worthy haha

    Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Rainbow Rowell was the first thing I thought of when I saw this week's topic, but I couldn't narrow it down to just one book!

      Delete
    2. I like and anyone else who's read her book understand why :). Fangirl is my favorite though <3.

      And you are welcome :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I Don't Want To Kill You and Warm Bodies are quite different from all the books I've seen so far but you're right! Both male leads and the love stories have something about them that I just love!
    (have you heard that there is going to be a whole new John Cleaver trilogy!?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard that. Exciting!

      Delete
  3. YES to Rainbow Rowell. All three of her books had me grinning like a fool (and then E&P destroyed me emotionally, but that's besides the point). Great list!

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Rainbow Rowell has definitely earned her way on the Authors Whose Books I Will Always Read No Matter What list.

      Delete